Heart of a gypsy songstress Ashland Craft is releasing her debut album Travelin’ Kind on September 3rd via Big Loud Records. Produced by Jonathan Singleton (Billy Currington, Tim McGraw, Carly Pearce), Travelin’ Kind envelopes Craft’s furnished songbook and mirrors her current narratives.
The South Carolina native’s debut collection sets the tone for the “Two Wildflowers and A Box of Wine” singer’s on-the-road lifestyle and narrates the road that Craft started on, and where she is traveling to. Travelin’ Kind encompasses a conventional country landscape allowing the music to have a mind of its own. The 11-song assemblage, 9 of which were co-written by Craft and some dating back to 2019, depicts all the late-night sad songs stories, the carousel of happy days and hard truths, and everything in between. The collection has songs penned by Singleton, Jessi Alexander, Jessie Jo Dillon, Rodney Clawson, Adam Hood, as well as artists Faren Rachels, Lee Starr, Rob Snyder, Willie Morrison, Reid Isbell, and Jenna LaMaster.
Travelin’ Kind drips with a layer of organic authenticity as “Make It Past Georgia” became the record’s first introductory single. Written by Reid Isbell and Willie Morrison, this track colors the line of heartbreak warfare between people and places they used to love. Craft finds herself traveling state-to-state but receiving that slap in the face once she crosses Georgia lines. She sings, “Oh I never had trouble leaving them behind me // Oh it never took much to move on // I left Texas in the red dirt dust // It was easy leaving Louisiana // I hit 80 in a 55 // Just trying to cross Alabama line // Don’t miss a thing about Mississippi / Carolina keeps calling me // But I can’t seem to make it past Georgia”
Craft told American Songwriter, “I think it was important for me to start the story from the beginning until now. “And so, it was only appropriate to name it Travelin’ Kind.” In my head, that was an ideal title because that’s me right now. It’s what I’m doing and what I will be doing for a while.”
From Piedmont, South Carolina to Nashville, the singer has seen a lot. She reached the Top 10 on NBC’s The Voice, then signed a record deal, and released a slew of singles, “Trainwreck,” “Your Place Or Mine,” and more.
Pre-order Travelin’ Kind here.
Ashley Craft, Travelin’ Kind Tracklist:
- “Travelin’ Kind” (Ashland Craft, Erik Dylan)
- “Your Momma Still Does” (Jenna LaMaster, Jonathan Singleton)
- “Leavin’ You Again” (Ashland Craft, Jenna LaMaster, Faren Rachels)
- “Make It Past Georgia” (Ashland Craft, Reid Isbell, Willie Morrison)
- “Last 20 Dollars” (Ashland Craft, Wyatt Beasley Durrette, III, Jonathan Singleton)
- “Highway Like Me” (feat. Marcus King) (Ashland Craft, Jessi Alexander, Reid Isbell)
- “Mimosas in the Morning” (Ashland Craft, Jessie Jo Dillon, Jonathan Singleton)
- “Day By Day” (Tori Allen, Corey Grogan)
- “Letcha Fly” (Ashland Craft, Willie Morrison, Lee Starr)
- “Come Down” (Ashland Craft, Adam Hood, Rob Snyder)
- “That’s the Kinda Place” (Ashland Craft, Rodney Clawson, Jonathan Singleton)